We’ve started to see a little bit more warmth during the day around here. While spring hasn’t arrived just yet, we know that the turning of the seasons is fast approaching. The question is, are you ready for the heat?
The concept of a balmy day probably sounds like a relief at this point. However, when the heat turns up, you’ll likely be looking to cool things off after a while. If your air conditioner doesn’t work though, you’ll end up over-heated and frustrated.
You shouldn’t have to bounce between shivering and sweating. You are probably already ahead of things if you’re hunting for “air conditioning installation near me.” Let’s review some factors and options to consider if you need to install a new AC or replace your old one before your house overheats.
Factors to Consider When You’re Looking At a New Air Conditioner
If you need a new air conditioner then it’ll help to take these factors into consideration:
- The size of your home. The size of your home impacts the sizing that will be required for your air conditioner. This does not have anything to do with the physical square footage of the unit itself but rather with how much power will be needed to cool the house. The larger the square footage of space to be cooled, the higher the tonnage of the air conditioner to meet your needs. For example, a 1,500 square foot home would likely need an AC sized for 2.5 tons.
- Whether you have ductwork. Ductwork provides the pathway for your cool air to travel to the different areas of your home. If you have ductwork already, then a ducted heat pump or central AC unit is likely a good idea. However, those that don’t have ductwork also have an option with the ductless HVAC system. Of course, if you have ductwork that is proving too hard to keep up, then you may also want to consider a ductless unit.
- If you also need a heater. This is an important factor to consider because it can define what kind of system you look for. If you have a heater that is still relatively new and functioning well then you’re likely only looking at installing the air conditioner. However, if you’re considering replacing your air conditioner and you know that your heater is on its last leg, now is a great time to consider an all-in-one system like a heat pump.
Your AC Options
Selecting a new air conditioner is made a bit easier when you know your options. Your possible AC system options may include:
- Split system AC units: Large and in charge, these are great for cooling the whole house evenly.
- Heat pumps: Highly efficient, these systems can cool your home in summer and heat it in the winter.
- Ductless systems: A kind of heat pump, these HVAC systems negate the need for ductwork and offer zone control.
Ready for a new air conditioner?
Get ahead of the rush and schedule your installation or replacement with Canella Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. Thank you for choosing Canella to help with your home comfort needs.