Skip navigation

The Canella team is growing! View our current openings Read More

Serving Hickory and the Catawba Valley Area, Since 1990

Serving Hickory and the Catawba Valley Area, Since 1990


M-F: 7:30am-5pm

Click Canella Today!


Air Conditioning Maintenance

Air conditioners are rated to last between 10 to 15 years. You may be thinking that five years is a large range of time. Or maybe you just want to know, what makes an air conditioner last the full fifteen years and not just ten? One big reason is maintenance. While maintaining your air conditioner isn’t the only factor that goes toward a long lifespan, it’s still a crucial component. Neglecting maintenance for a car can greatly decrease its value and operational capabilities, and the exact same is true for an air conditioner.

A maintenance call isn’t as complex as an installation or full-on repair, but that doesn’t mean your HVAC contractor should breeze through it. Air conditioning maintenance will only be as good as the technician who performs it! Lucky for you, Canella Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is your local, Hickory, NC family of qualified technicians. Our family has served the Hickory, Catawba Valley, and Unifour areas since 1990, helping however we can—air conditioning maintenance is just one way. Call our team today to schedule air conditioning services in Hickory, NC and the surrounding area.

Schedule your AC maintenance today with a trustworthy, family-owned HVAC company. Click Canella Heating & Air Conditioning to Get Every Ounce of Comfort You Deserve.

Is AC Maintenance Really Necessary?

It’s a common question amongst HVAC system owners in Hickory, NC. In fact, most don’t even bother to ask the question—they’d rather just wait until their system breaks down, have it fixed, and not worry about it (until it breaks again, of course). But there are a few problems with this line of thinking.

  • You don’t know when your AC is going to break down. We answer hundreds of calls for urgent AC repair requests during the summer, so it’s not just a matter of luck or timing.
  • Repair costs are unpredictable. The issue with your AC could be as simple as replacing a worn-out fan motor, or it could be as expensive as having to replace the entire unit.
  • It will shorten the lifespan of your AC. An AC problem that’s allowed to persist for weeks or months without attention will contribute to increased wear-and-tear on the system.

If you ask us, maintenance is the best way to prevent a slew of problems that you may very well regret in the future.

Air Conditioning Maintenance by Professionals You Can Depend On

AC maintenance is estimated to prevent 85% of problems from happening. As for the other 15%? That’s when you need to rely on a reputable Hickory HVAC contractor like Canella Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. Our HVAC repairs are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee—in writing! So even if our heating and air conditioning maintenance or repairs can’t keep your HVAC system out of trouble, you can rest assured that your Canella family will have your back until it’s done right.

You can’t say the same for handymen or amateurs. While they might have a basic idea of air conditioner operation, it’s entirely different from someone who has been doing nothing but AC for years. If you want the job done right and in a reasonable time, we’re the ones to call.


Certified Team.

Hometown Service.