Skip navigation

The Canella team is growing! View our current openings Read More

Serving Hickory and the Catawba Valley Area, Since 1990

Serving Hickory and the Catawba Valley Area, Since 1990


M-F: 7:30am-5pm

Click Canella Today!


Central Air Conditioners

When people think “air conditioning,” they’re typically thinking of a central AC system without realizing it. After all, central air conditioning systems are perhaps the most common types of air conditioners in Hickory, NC. And why is that? Simply because they’re easy to install, they’re reliable, and they get the job done. We at Canella Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. couldn’t call ourselves an HVAC company if we couldn’t install, replace, repair, or maintain them!

When it comes down to it, we perform all the same boring services you’d expect from an HVAC company. That’s why we strive to be different where it counts: with the community. Our priority is to help you first, and central air conditioning system services are just one of the ways we know how to do that. Call our team today to schedule air conditioning services in Hickory, NC and the surrounding area.

We’ve helped homeowners just like you for nearly 30 years throughout the Hickory, Catawba Valley, and Unifour areas. Click Canella Heating & Air Conditioning to Get Every Ounce of Comfort You Deserve.

What’s So Hard About Installing Central Air Conditioning?

How-to articles on the internet have given homeowners in Hickory, NC confidence to do just about anything, from remodeling their homes and even installing their own air conditioners. However, central AC installations aren’t as easy or straight-forward as these guides would make you believe. Some things just need the help of a professional.

  • Sizing the AC: Unless you want to make a call in a few months for central AC replacement, sizing the unit properly is essential. Whether the unit is too big or too small, an improperly sized unit cannot operate efficiently and must be changed out.
  • Refrigerant: Refrigerant is the chemical that allows your AC to do what it does best—cool the home! While very safe in the hands of a professional, refrigerant can be hazardous if handled incorrectly. Not only that but charging the AC with the wrong amount of refrigerant can damage it beyond repair.
  • Building Codes and Permits: Even if you’re handy enough to install an AC by yourself, you’ll still need permits and a knowledge of building codes to ensure that your central AC installation is safe and efficient. Failing to abide by these rules can earn you several fines.

Central AC Maintenance Helps Prevent Repairs

Even after installing your central AC, your system will require occasional care to give it a long and healthy life. We highly recommend annual maintenance for your system. Central AC maintenance is estimated to prevent about 85% of repair issues. For the other 15% of the time—those unexpected repair emergencies—you’ll need to rely on someone who can provide central AC repairs flawlessly.

Central Air Conditioning Replacement

Is it getting to be time to replace your air conditioner? Central AC systems are estimated to last between 10 and 15 years (and some have been known to last longer). Once you get to that 10-year mark, however, efficiency begins to steadily decline. At that point, even the best in central AC repair won’t be able to keep it working at a great value. Canella Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is happy to help you start planning so that your central AC replacement goes off without a hitch.


Certified Team.

Hometown Service.