It’s still pretty chilly outside, so of course, you are dependent on your furnace for warmth and comfort. But, what happens when your furnace is no longer capable of keeping up with your household heating demands? A replacement might just be the answer.
Of course, the thought of replacing your old furnace and putting a new one in its place can be a bit overwhelming, which is why we’ve created a guide to help walk you through it. All you have to do is keep reading to find out more, and of course, remember to call us when you need furnace service in Mooresville, NC.
Just Follow These Steps!
Buying a new furnace doesn’t need to be scary! All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Step One: Decide if its Time to Replace Your Furnace
The first step in installing a new furnace is knowing when to replace your existing system. Of course, only a professional HVAC technician can determine with certainty whether or not a replacement is your best option. But we’ve decided to give you a bit of a head start. Consider replacing your furnace if:
- It’s old: Although built to last, the average lifespan of a furnace is anywhere between 10 to 15 years. If your furnace has aged beyond this life expectancy, it might be time for a replacement.
- It requires frequent repairs: Your furnace should not require more than a couple of repairs every few years. So if you’ve found yourself calling for repairs any more than that, it might be because your system is simply worn out.
- You are paying more for heat: We recommend keeping a close eye on your heating bills because a steady rise in heating costs indicates that your system is inefficient.
- You notice a lack of heat: The primary role of your furnace is to keep your home warm and cozy, so if it is unable to keep up with your heating demands, why bother?
Step Two: Choosing Your New System
After you’ve decided to replace your current furnace, it is time to select the make and model that will best meet your needs. No matter what, though, it is important to choose a high-efficiency system, as this will save you both time and money on repairs and utility bills. In addition, you will have to select which fuel source you will use. Your best options are:
- Gas furnaces: Natural gas is highly efficient and often inexpensive, especially if you live in a home with access to natural gas lines.
- Electric furnaces: Although more expensive, electricity is super-efficient. This type of furnace is an excellent choice if you live somewhere where electricity is relatively cheap.
Step Three: Professional Installation
After you’ve selected the best furnace for your home, it is time to have it professionally sized and installed. Your furnace must be the appropriate size for your home to maximize efficiency, so we highly recommend calling in a professional for the job.
Ready to install a new furnace in your home? Great! All you need to do is contact the team at Canella Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.