Question 1: "How long has your company been in business?"
In 1990, Craig Canella founded his heating and cooling business in Bethlehem, NC. A few years later, his brother Curtis joined him and they have been serving Hickory, Conover and the surrounding areas ever since.
How Does That Benefit You As A Customer?
- These guys have many, many (don't tell them I emphasized "many") years of experience in heating and air conditioning. This has never been a side job or a hobby for either of them. It’s their career and its how they continue to support their families.
- Not everything is made “better” by selling out to "bigger." Craig and Curtis still own this company. And we still believe in hometown service.
- We don't just install systems and disappear. We have a Service department and a Maintenance department with technicians who specialize in each of those fields. We’re here to take care of your equipment for as long as it lives.
- We own our shop, not just a van and a removable sign. Selling a shop and skipping town in the middle of the night is a lot harder than selling a van or removing a magnetic sign. (Plus the family isn't too keen on moving in the middle of the night either.)
Question 2: "What are your qualifications to do this job?"
Installing HVAC equipment in North Carolina requires a license that's issued by the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating, and Fire Sprinkler Contractors. To get one you have to have at least five years of experience and pass a difficult test. Our license number is 15525, H 1, 2 and 3 which allows us to do HVAC electrical, plumbing and heating.
The Board invites you to look up anyone's HVAC license or talk with them about the performance record of any company you are considering using. The phone number is 919-875-3612 and their web address is www.nclicensing.org.
How Does That Benefit You?
- If you have trouble with your new equipment and can’t get the situation fixed by the HVAC repair contractor you hired, your options for help are limited if he was unlicensed. Sort of like when you buy stereo speakers out of the back of a car in a dark alley – if they don’t work, good luck getting your money back. And you became a victim because the last person who bought speakers from this guy couldn’t report it either.
- One of the board’s jobs is to make sure contractors meet at least some minimum qualifications. Your new system is supposed to keep you safely comfortable for the next several years, not to mention the fact that it’s a major financial investment. With that much riding on the qualifications of the person installing your system, it should be worth a five minute phone call to verify that they know what they’re doing and have done it well.
We use only certified technicians
In addition, all of our employees are required by our company policy to take continuing education classes every year, even our office personnel.
How Does That Benefit You?
- Our technicians are trained by professional instructors on the right way to do things. They’re not doing it just because that’s the way it’s always been done or learning from someone else’s bad habits.
- Our continuing education requirement means our people are staying up-to-date. The technology in this field is constantly changing, like most things. And like most things, you either keep up or quickly fall so far behind that it’s difficult to ever catch up. Simply put, you can be confident that the HVAC repair contractor who visits your home is a true expert who will keep your best interests at heart.
We are BBB A+ Certified
Canella has been recognized by the Better Business Bureau for outstanding commitment to integrity and honesty. The BBB judges businesses on Trust, Transparency, Responsiveness & Integrity, along with other qualities, and we scored an A+! We hope you Click Canella for all of your heating and air needs and let the BBB know how we're doing with a simple review.
GOING A STEP BEYOND
Our interest in energy efficiency goes back to the early days of the company. From the beginning, we actively participated in programs like duct sealing sponsored by companies such as Duke Power and Applied Building Science (www.advancedenergy.org). We recognized then that not only would this benefit our customers through energy savings but more importantly it would increase their comfort. And we know it’s awfully hard to put a price on comfort.
Energy Star QAP
(Say what??) That’s a Quality Assured Professional, a designation given to HVAC Contractors who have completed the training and testing necessary to install comfort systems in a home that is to be ENERGY STAR certified. We can help you there too. We have been certified by Advanced Energy (www.advancedenergy.org/QAP).
BPI Certified Specialists
Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is a national not-for-profit organization at the forefront of establishing standards and training for improving the energy efficiency of the existing home market (www.bpi.org). Lots of organizations jumped on the green and energy efficiency bandwagon for new homes. BPI recognized that there are 130 million existing homes in this country that don’t fall into that category. Making sure that the improvements are made safely and ultimately provide the results the homeowner is expecting is the goal of BPI. Craig Canella is our BPI Certified Professional on staff.
Canella Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to serve clients throughout Hickory, Conover, Newton, Sherrills Ford, Denver, Taylorsville, and other nearby areas in North Carolina. To learn more about us and the services we offer, please get in touch by visiting our Contact Us page, or by calling us at 828-303-2375. We look forward to hearing from you.